Thursday, May 6, 2010

Going to the beach

Oil. I love it, I hate it. What I really want is to be able to count on individuals, companies and our government to be good stewards of the earth. I want industries to really internalize safety features that could prevent accidents. I would very much like a world where profit is not the first concern. I'll die holding my breath, I know.

We originally planned our trip when we first heard the oil was going to hit the Florida coast. Now they are predicting Florida will only get a light sheen and tarballs (as if that won't do any damage.) Now, pessimism aside, we are going to try to beat the oil. This morning we sent Derek to work and Grandma Margaret, Molly, Spencer and I are going to the beach. I hope the oil doesn't do much damage here, but, again, I'm not holding my breath. I am hoping we will be lucky enough to go to the beach again in a few weeks with visitors.

I think, if I can, I might go to the beach again next week.

Update: SUNBURN! I burned so badly I have to wear a shirt and shorts to the beach next time. Next time hopefully being Wednesday, May 12.

No comments: